Nokia Refocus App
The idea for the Nokia Refocus app came from a Hack day whilst I was a Designer within Nokia’s software development team in Sweden. The engineers forced the camera to take a sweep of photos at multiple focus depths. In post capture mode the app lets you change the focus point or merge multiple frames to create unique effects.
Its ideal for macro photos or putting everything in the scene in sharp focus.
We wanted to include social sharing of a refocus image – so we developed a web version of the app to allow clicking to refocus for a browser.
Ultimately the app was not that popular because of its very niche use cases. It did however get great reviews on the Windows Phone App store. From a process point it view shows how dev and design can rapidly create an idea, refine and release it with minimal overheads.
Nokia Refocus was launched at Nokia World, October 2013. See the video here
• Change focus point in a captured image
• Macro capturing of objects using focus sweep and burst
• “All in Focus” put foreground and background elements in focus
• “Colour pop” an object in the image.
• Share the interactive photo and let your friends change the focus in the image themselves online
Agency: Microsoft Imaging, Sweden
Skills: Mobile UX, Agile